In order to be added to the City of Memphis mailing list of prospective bidders please complete the Online Suppliers Registration form. Moreover, to ensure that your application is complete, we require a completed IRS Form W-9 on file. So to complete your supplier registration, after submitting the Online Supplier Registration Form you must fill out the IRS Form W-9 on-line, print, sign and fax it on the same day to: City of Memphis, Attn: Purchasing Department, Fax Number (901) 636-6191. Please note that all forms must be completed in its entirety.
Online Supplier Registration Form
- List your company's name and complete mailing address.
- To avoid any Internal Revenue Service requirement for backup withholding due to missing or incorrect name/tax identification number combinations, be sure to provide us with the correct information on this form.
- The NAME/TAX Identification Number combination you provide must match those on your tax returns to the IRS.
- If your firm is a subsidiary of a parent corporation, you must include the NAME/TAX Identification Number combination of the parent corporation if that combination is used by your firm for reporting to the IRS.
- If your company is an individually owned service business, you must indicate the name of the business, name of the owner of the business and the social security number or employee identification number of the owner of the business.
Online Suppliers Registration Form
IRS Form W-9
After you have submitted the Online Suppliers Registration form and faxed the completed IRS Form W-9 to the City of Memphis Purchasing Department, you will receive an email with your access details to the City of Memphis' eProcurement system. Using those details, you should access the City of Memphis' eProcurement system and update your additional address & contact information, product & services information and Business Classification (Minority, Woman Owned, etc) information. Refer to the User documentation and training video on the City of Memphis Website for step by step instructions.
To access User documentation:
- Open your web browser and enter the following in to the field for Address/Location: http://www.memphistn.gov/
- Click on "BUSINESS".
- Click on "DOING BUSINESS WITH THE CITY".
- On the top right hand side under the section "LINKS", click on "Supplier Training Document (pdf)" to see the user documentation.
If you have questions on the supplier registration process, please contact:
Purchasing Service Center
125 N. Main St., Room 354
Memphis, TN 38103
Phone: (901) 636-6683