2012 Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment will be held Monday, October 8, 2012 through Friday, October 19, 2012. Three (3) Health, Wellness & Benefits Offices will be open to assist you with open enrollment materials between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. The offices are located at 2714 Union Avenue Extended, 5th Floor, Room 100, Memphis, TN 38112; 4225 Riverdale Road, Memphis, TN 38141; 125 North Main Street, Room 406, Memphis, TN 38103.
What's New for 2013?
- The Spousal Surcharge can be discontinued if the employee's spouse is enrolled in the City's plan and is also enrolled in Medicare or any other health insurance plan that will pay as primary to the City's plan. When a revised affidavit and certificate of coverage from the spouse's medical plan is provided, the surcharge can be removed.
- The Tobacco Surcharge can only be waived when a negative nicotine result is received from a certified laboratory and faxed (901-636-6467) to the City's Workplace Safety and Compliance Department. A new affidavit must be completed and returned to the Health, Wellness and Benefits Office.
- There will be an increase in medical premiums (please see 2013 Health Plan Premium Rates).
- There will be a decrease in vision premiums for 2013 (please see vision rates). Click here to view the Certificate of Coverage.
- There will be no change in dental premiums for 2013 (please see dental rates). Click here to view the Certificate of Coverage.
- If you do not submit Open Enrollment change forms, no changes will be made and your current coverage will remain in place. Open Enrollment changes cannot be made again until the next Open Enrollment period. However, we encourage all members with other medical insurance to return the OTHER INSURANCE INFORMATION UPDATE FORM and review your beneficiary forms for accuracy.
- There is a lower cap on the amount of funds that can be deposited into your Flexible Spending Account for 2013.
Remember: If a surcharge waiver is requested, a new affidavit and all other requested documentation must be submitted to the Health, Wellness and Benefits Office between October 8, 2012 and October 19, 2012.
Please click the below link for Online Self-Service Open Enrollments during the Open Enrollment window (October 8, 2012 through October 19, 2012).
- To start the process, Click Here.
- For online training instructions, please CLICK the Self Service Open Enrollment Training Video link present on the right side of this page in the Links section.
- Based on your Open Enrollment changes, if you are supposed to submit Evidence of Insurability forms (for Life Insurance Coverage changes or enrollments) and Short Term Disability Enrollment forms please download the same from the corresponding links on the right side of this page in the Menu section.
All supporting documentation for the Self-Service Enrollment period must be submitted by close of business on October 26, 2012.
If you have any Open Enrollment Benefits Information related questions, please call us at:
City Hall Office: 901-636-6800
For any Technical Issues in retrieving your Username/Password or doing Self Service Enrollments, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 901-636-6100.