619 North Seventh St.
Memphis, Tennessee 38107
a.m. -5:00 p.m.
here to download our printable brochure
THE NONPROFIT HOUSING CENTER:
Housing Center administers a program with competitive funding for designated
Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs). The funding consists
of HOME set-aside dollars that are allocated to the City of Memphis,
Division of Housing and Community Development by the U. S. Department
of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to the Nonprofit Housing Center
for designated CHDOs.
CHDOs are private nonprofit, community-based organizations whose primary
purpose is to provide decent, affordable housing for low-to-moderate
income persons. Designated CHDOs receive certification from the City
of Memphis indicating that they meet certain HOME Program requirements
and therefore are eligible for HOME funding. Funding for CHDOs can be
used for acquisition, rehab or new construction of rental housing and/or
homebuyer properties; and also direct financial assistance to purchasers
of HOME assisted housing.
Since the inception of the CHDO Program, more than 400 properties have
been acquired, constructed, and/or rehabilitated for the purpose of
providing homeownership and rental opportunities for low to moderate
income families. The NPHC and the CHDOs will continue to be instrumental
in the revitalization of the City of Memphis.
Goals of the Nonprofit Housing Center:
- Provide quality, decent, and affordable housing for low-to-moderate-middle income families/individuals.
- Revitalize and stabilize targeted areas with infill housing and/or rehabilitated housing.
- Ensure that the housing developers follow the program guidelines.
- Expand the capacity of the housing developers by providing technical assistance.
- Encourage collaborations/partnerships to leverage funds.
Housing Development Organizations:
on organization name for more info)
Area Neighborhood Development Corporation
Housing Opportunities Management, Inc.