Pet Food Donations Needed for COVID-19 Relief
DONATIONS OF PET FOOD WILL HELP KEEP PETS WITH SHELBY COUNTY PET PARENTS WHO’VE LOST INCOME DUE TO COVID-19
The Shelby County Animal Welfare Coalition, in support of the Memphis/Shelby County Joint Covid Task Force, will launch a temporary pet food pantry to assist pet parents residing in Shelby County who’ve lost income due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The primary pet food physical donation dropoff point is Memphis Animal Services at 2350 Appling City Cove. Donors can leave food items at the shelter under the blue awning outside of the gate on the bench marked with a sign reading: “DONATIONS.” MAS is the preferred dropoff point as this is where recipients will pick up their items, but additional contactless dropoff locations include:
• Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County, 935 Farm Road (at ADOPTIONS door)
• Germantown Animal Shelter, 7700 Southern Avenue (bench in front of building)
• Any Memphis-area Hollywood Feed store
Supporters can also order pet food online to be shipped to MAS at 2350 Appling City Cove, Memphis, Tennessee, 38133:
• Order from Hollywood Feed or add to your delivery order at www.hollywoodfeed.com. (Same Day Delivery is free through the month of April, no minimum purchase.)
• Order from Amazon wish list
• Order from any online retailer and have shipped to the address above
Bartlett Animal Shelter, Collierville Animal Services, Germantown Animal Shelter, the Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County, and Memphis Animal Services are diverting some of their pet food donations to the project. Hill’s Pet Nutrition and Hollywood Feed have contributed food to the pantry, and Memphis Animal Services received a large number of donations in memory of Jeanne Chancellor, the late founder of Friends of the Memphis Animal Shelter.
Shelby County residents whose income has been affected by COVID-19 and need pet food in order to keep their pets can either leave a voicemail at our Pet Resource Center at 901-636-1418 or fill out this form. An MAS staff member will contact them to make an appointment. Pet parents should include their name; phone number; number of pets; and species, approximate weight, and age of each pet.