Memphis Animal Services (M.A.S.) works with local and national rescue groups. Click here to see a current list of our rescue partners.
Interested in fostering for one of MAS’s Pet Placement Partners? Click here to learn more!
Most of the rescue groups we work with are foster-based and can’t save pets from MAS without foster homes!In an effort to ensure that groups desiring to participate in the City’s Pet Placement Partner Program are legitimate and have a responsible adoption philosophy, applicants are screened in accordance with the following criteria:
To Become a Pet Placement Partner (PPP), an organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization
- No director, operator, staff or foster/animal caregiver, or volunteer of the organization, including pullers or those who email on behalf of the Pet Placement Partner have been convicted of, found guilty of, or have pending charges for animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment.
- Complete, sign, and submit a Pet Placement Partner Application along with the required supporting documentation
Supporting Documentation Checklist
The following supporting documents must accompany your PPP application:
- IRS Determination Letter proving 501(c)(3) status
- Name, address, and phone number of the primary animal housing facility; if you are solely foster based, please note this in your PPP Application
- Current list of the organization’s officers with phone numbers and email addresses
- Copy of your organization’s adoption guidelines and adoption contract
- Completed Authorization for Release of Veterinary Medical Information form
Submitting an Application
Please submit an application with all supporting documentation either in person or by mail to the Volunteer and Outreach Specialist, Memphis Animal Services, 2350 Appling City Cove, Memphis, TN 38133 or by e-mail to MAS.Rescue@memphistn.gov.
Terms and Conditions
Keep in mind that any conduct that adversely affects Memphis Animal Services’ mission or public image may result in the suspension of your status as a Pet Placement Partner. We encourage open communication and are grateful to have your support and passion to help save and improve the lives of the animals in our care.