Skip to Content Skip to Content

Report a Loose Dog or Animal Cruelty

Memphis Animal Services responds to reports of loose dogs and cruelty and neglect of any animal within the City of Memphis.

If this is an emergency affecting the safety of a person, please call 911.

For all other calls about loose dogs, injured pets, animal cruelty, or dog bites, please call 901-545-COPS, the police non-emergency line. Memphis Animal Services’ calls for service are dispatched through MPD’s system. We will need to know the address where the animal is located as well as what your concern is.

Please note: Cats have the legal right to roam in the City of Memphis. It is for this reason that we do not respond to complaints about loose cats. Click here for more information on controlling the community cat population. Click here for tips on how to keep cats away from your yard.

If you’d like to report a loose dog or animal cruelty in another jurisdiction, see below for who to contact in our area.

Shelby County (excluding Bartlett, Germantown, and Collierville)
Shelby County Rabies Control
Shelby County Rabies Officers bring pets picked up to Memphis Animal Services.

Bartlett Animal Control

Germantown Animal Shelter

Collierville Animal Services