Tips to Reduce False Alarms
- Keep your contact information up-to-date ( with your provider)
- Train everyone with access on how to use the system and give codes to visiting relatives
- Cancel accidental signals and don’t forget your shut-off code
- Have a professional install the system
- Make sure your system has a battery
- Keep pets, balloons, fans, heaters, plants, curtains, seasonal decorations, etc. Away from motion sensor areas.
- Test your motion sensor placements and lock protected doors and windows tightly
- Make user’s manual accessible to all users
- Call your alarm company for upgrades
- Be aware of the weather forecast
- Clean your smoke detector regularly.
- Test smoke detectors properly several times a year.
- Install fire alarms away from furnaces and ovens.
- Make sure you replace the battery
- Place fire detectors in correct locations in dry areas
- Be aware of areas with exhaust gases or open flames
- Establish a proactive kitchen-use policy
- Use approved equipment from certified providers
- Use the right detector
(901) 636-6380 Office
(901) 636-6381 Fax