The next application portal will open February 28, 2023. The deadline to submit your application for the Neighborhood Crime Prevention Grant is May 15, 2023, at 4:00 p.m.
Click the blue box below to START
What is Neighborhood Watch?
Neighborhood Watch is an organized group of citizens devoted to crime and vandalism prevention within a neighborhood. Establish a Neighborhood Group through your local station.
Our Goal To promote crime prevention projects, encourage forming a neighborhood watch group, support existing groups and build safer, crime free communities by providing resources, direction, guidance, and grant funds to assist neighborhoods with their crime prevention efforts.
Our Mission: The Memphis Area Neighborhood Watch office works to bring the entire neighborhood together to help fight crime. Partnerships are built between our office, other City Divisions, neighborhood groups, faith-based organizations, and community agencies.
- Provide technical assistance for applying for the Neighborhood Crime Prevention Grant.
- Aid in the development of a crime prevention neighborhood project, program and/or event.
- Provide guidance in submitting an application for the Neighborhood Crime Prevention Grant.
- Ensure successful completion of crime prevention projects funded by the NCPG.
- Connect new neighborhood watch groups with local stations.
Neighborhood Crime Prevention Grant
Be an active neighborhood group, Homeowners Association or Faith Based Organization; Register with your local MPD Station Coordinator and submit an updated letter from law enforcement verifying the required meetings and partnership with your local station.
- Attend one of our mandatory Neighborhood Crime Prevention Grant workshops (This is a workshop that explains the application process)
- Be a permanent resident of the City of Memphis.
- Turn in the MANW Group Registration form with your grant application.
- Have a valid checking account, in the group’s name.
- Submit the completed NCPG application by the deadline date and time.
Crime Prevention Grant
|NCPG How to Qualify-Tip Flyer||612.61 KB||06-24-2022||DownloadPreview|
|Grant Guidelines NCPG||509.59 KB||06-24-2022||DownloadPreview|
|Projects and Volunteer Ideas||429.69 KB||06-22-2022||DownloadPreview|
|MPD NW Coordinators||230.18 KB||06-22-2022||DownloadPreview|