The Tennessee Department of Transportation contract crews will be closing the I-55 Mississippi River Bridge to continue construction activities on the I-55 and Crump interchange. Activities include work on the Wisconsin Bridge, repair work on the I-55 bridge, moving concrete barrier rail, and striping. All work is weather-dependent.
Friday, October 6 from 8:00 pm until Monday, October 9 at 6:00 am
- I-55 SB will be closed at Bridgeport Road in Arkansas
- I-55 NB will be closed at South Parkway* in Tennessee
*Local traffic will be allowed to continue to the McLemore exit
- I-55 SB ramp will be closed.
- Crump Boulevard WB will be closed**
**Local traffic only at South Third Street will use the Crump WB outside lane and detour down the ramp to Riverside Drive and back up to I-55 NB then exit at Metal Museum Drive. Exactly what they are doing now. They follow the current detour.
- Crump Boulevard EB from Alston will be open.
- Crump Boulevard WB ramp to Riverside Drive NB will be closed.
- Riverside Drive NB will be closed.
- Metal Museum Drive to I-55 NB will be closed.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live-streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/myTDOT for statewide travel or West Tennessee follow https://twitter.com/NicLawrenceTDOT.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text, or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.