The City of Memphis will re-open its senior centers Monday, March 15, for scheduled activities and sessions that fall under Memphis Parks core services of Health, Fitness and Wellness; Cultural Arts and Expression; Education, and Character Development. Class sizes are limited, and registration is required. Interested participants should call the senior center of their choice between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mondays – Fridays at the following centers:
- J.K. Lewis 1188 N. Parkway – (901) 636-4255
- McWherter: 1355 Estate Dr. – (901) 761-2462
- Orange Mound: 2590 Park Ave. – (901) 636-6622
- Ruth Tate: 1620 Marjorie St. – (901) 636-0720
Some of the classes offered are: Sit and Fit, Line Dance, and Bingo. There will also be Growth Groups, a 5-week session on the following topics:
- Coping with COVID
- Dating as a Senior (Do’s and Don’ts)
- Grief, Loss, and Forgiveness
- Self-Care, Personal Care and Happiness
- Who Am I, Where Do I Fit In, and What is My Purpose in Life?
Curbside lunch pick-up is available at J.K. Lewis and McWherter centers from
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for the cost of $5.00. Please call the center the day before to order your lunch.
COVID guidelines such as mandatory face masks and 6 feet of social distancing will be enforced. The centers will be open for scheduled programming only and will not be open for free play.