To begin the Lifeguarding Course Online, please visit the American Red Cross Online Learning Center for the Lifeguarding Curriculum HERE
We will begin another class when our facilities re-open to the public. The class is tentatively scheduled for April 7 – May 7, Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 pm – 9 pm at Bickford Aquatic Facility.
Let us know if you are interested in the class by filling out the form below:
If the form does not load, please copy and past the following link into your web browser https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecHEu6gJRnvGP2qHOx_-ooYt6yFIsfF6gAUlFR30cAdAHzjw/viewform?embedded=true
Our Mission: To provide comprehensive aquatic program opportunities to the citizens of Memphis.
- Bickford Aquatic Center, 235 Henry Avenue, 901-578-3732. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Hickory Hill Aquatic Center, 3910 Ridgeway Road, 901-566-9685. Summer Hours: Monday – Friday noon – 6 p.m. free swim; 6-8 p.m. swim lessons and classes. Winter hours: Monday-Friday, noon-8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 -11 a.m. swim lessons and classes, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. free swim.
- Orange Mound Community Center Pool (ages 55 and older, except during summer season), 2590 Park Avenue, 901-576-6622. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-11 a.m. seniors only; 1-6 p.m.
- Raymond Skinner Pool (physically challenged only), 712 Tanglewood Street, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (break for lunch, noon-1:00 p.m.); water aerobics 4-6 p.m.
- Swim lessons for children: Monday through Friday, 6-6:45 p.m. for two weeks. $25 a session
- Swim lessons for adults: Monday through Friday, 6-6:45 p.m. for two weeks. $48 a session
- Call 901-566-9685 for locations
All swimmers on swim team or taking a swim class must fill out an Aquatic Activity Registration Form prior to class at a city pool. Please download the form by clicking the link above, or pick up a form at your local pool.
These classes are offered Monday through Thursday from 6-7 p.m. and on Saturday from 9-10 a.m. These sessions are held at the Hickory Hill Community Center location only. The fees per session are: $5 for individuals under 55 years of age and $3 for individuals 55 and older. All participants must have a city-issued pool card in order to participate. Newcomers are allowed to take the first session complimentary on Tuesday or Thursday from -7 p.m.
Pool rentals: The pool can be rented Monday – Friday after 8 p.m., on Saturday after 1 p.m. and on Sunday anytime before midnight. Please call 547-8018 for more pool rental information.
Rental Fees for City Aquatic Facilities
Pool party room rentals are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (regular pool operational hours). Rooms have direct access to the pool and the room can host 15-30 people. The aquatic staff sets up the room, the renters bring in their own food, drink and therefore can enjoy the pool at the same time. Cost: $100 for two hours in addition to a $100 refundable cleaning deposit.
Aquatic Centers only accept cashiers checks or money orders, payable to the City of Memphis.
Outdoor Pools: These pools are open during the summer. Information about the 2020 summer pool season will be available soon.
|L.E. Brown Pool||617 S. Orleans||527-3620|
|Charles Morris Pool||1225 Brown||272-0327|
|Douglass Pool||1616 Ash||323-3542|
|Ed Rice Pool||2907 N. Watkins||353-0627|
|Gaisman Pool||4223 Macon||374-9182|
|Gooch Pool||1974 Hunter||276-9685|
|Lester Pool||317 Tillman||323-2261|
|Pine Hill Pool||973 Alice||947-2978|
|Raleigh Pool||3678 Powers||372-1930|
|Riverview Pool||182 Joubert||948-7609|
|Tom Lee Pool||328 Peach||527-3748|
|Westwood Pool||833 Western Park||789-6275|
|Willow Pool||4777 Willow Rd.||763-2917|
Christopher Wells, Aquatics Supervisor
235 Henry Ave
Memphis, TN 38108