Due to health concerns, all Community Centers, Senior Centers and Pools are closed to the general public. We are working with local health officials to determine when and how it is safe to reopen to the public. For more information, please contact the Parks and Neighborhoods Administration Office at 901-636-4200
To begin the Lifeguarding Course Online, please visit the American Red Cross Online Learning Center for the Lifeguarding Curriculum HERE
We will begin another class when our facilities re-open to the public. The class is tentatively scheduled for April 7 – May 7, Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 pm – 9 pm at Bickford Aquatic Facility.
Let us know if you are interested in the class by filling out the form below:
If the form does not load, please copy and past the following link into your web browser https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecHEu6gJRnvGP2qHOx_-ooYt6yFIsfF6gAUlFR30cAdAHzjw/viewform?embedded=true
Our Mission: To provide comprehensive aquatic program opportunities to the citizens of Memphis.
- Bickford Aquatic Center, 235 Henry Avenue, 901-578-3732. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Hickory Hill Aquatic Center, 3910 Ridgeway Road, 901-566-9685. Summer Hours: Monday – Friday noon – 6 p.m. free swim; 6-8 p.m. swim lessons and classes. Winter hours: Monday-Friday, noon-8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 -11 a.m. swim lessons and classes, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. free swim.
- Orange Mound Community Center Pool (ages 55 and older, except during summer season), 2590 Park Avenue, 901-576-6622. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-11 a.m. seniors only; 1-6 p.m.
- Raymond Skinner Pool (physically challenged only), 712 Tanglewood Street, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (break for lunch, noon-1:00 p.m.); water aerobics 4-6 p.m.
- Swim lessons for children: Monday through Friday, 6-6:45 p.m. for two weeks. $25 a session
- Swim lessons for adults: Monday through Friday, 6-6:45 p.m. for two weeks. $48 a session
- Call 901-566-9685 for locations
All swimmers on swim team or taking a swim class must fill out an Aquatic Activity Registration Form prior to class at a city pool. Please download the form by clicking the link above, or pick up a form at your local pool.
These classes are offered Monday through Thursday from 6-7 p.m. and on Saturday from 9-10 a.m. These sessions are held at the Hickory Hill Community Center location only. The fees per session are: $5 for individuals under 55 years of age and $3 for individuals 55 and older. All participants must have a city-issued pool card in order to participate. Newcomers are allowed to take the first session complimentary on Tuesday or Thursday from -7 p.m.
Pool rentals: The pool can be rented Monday – Friday after 8 p.m., on Saturday after 1 p.m. and on Sunday anytime before midnight. Please call 547-8018 for more pool rental information.
Rental Fees for City Aquatic Facilities
Pool party room rentals are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (regular pool operational hours). Rooms have direct access to the pool and the room can host 15-30 people. The aquatic staff sets up the room, the renters bring in their own food, drink and therefore can enjoy the pool at the same time. Cost: $100 for two hours in addition to a $100 refundable cleaning deposit.
Aquatic Centers only accept cashiers checks or money orders, payable to the City of Memphis.
Outdoor Pools: These pools are open during the summer. Information about the 2020 summer pool season will be available soon.
|L.E. Brown Pool||617 S. Orleans||527-3620|
|Charles Morris Pool||1225 Brown||272-0327|
|Douglass Pool||1616 Ash||323-3542|
|Ed Rice Pool||2907 N. Watkins||353-0627|
|Gaisman Pool||4223 Macon||374-9182|
|Gooch Pool||1974 Hunter||276-9685|
|Lester Pool||317 Tillman||323-2261|
|Pine Hill Pool||973 Alice||947-2978|
|Raleigh Pool||3678 Powers||372-1930|
|Riverview Pool||182 Joubert||948-7609|
|Tom Lee Pool||328 Peach||527-3748|
|Westwood Pool||833 Western Park||789-6275|
|Willow Pool||4777 Willow Rd.||763-2917|
Christopher Wells, Aquatics Supervisor
235 Henry Ave
Memphis, TN 38108