Our Mission: To provide community-based recreational opportunities for individuals with physical and/or mental disabilities in a safe, attractive well maintained facility.
The staff of the Skinner Center welcomes all physically challenged residents to take part in the activities and programs offered at the facility. Please call if you have questions about any of the offerings.
- Heated indoor pool
- Outdoor spray-ground
- Game room
- Ceramics studio
- Gymnasium with a weight-lifting area
Activities and Programs
All activities take place at the Skinner Center. Activities are directed by Skinner Staff. We cannot handle children on a one on one basis. In a week’s time we will be able to determine if your child is qualified to attend our program. If they are not qualified to attend our program.
- Reach Program: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Ceramics: Thursday 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Friday Night Dance 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- High Bo Exercise Class Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm ($2.00 per session)
- Pool Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 12:00; 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
AFTER SCHOOL: 2 pm – 6 pm, Monday – Friday, September through May
Assist children to and from bus; provide snacks, games, music, arts, and crafts.
BINGO: Time vary Monday- Friday, please check with staff.
FRIDAY NIGHT DANCE: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm every Friday Night.
REACH OUT: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Recreation program for special needs adults: activities include arts & craft, board games, ceramics, community trips, exercises, gym games, singing, sports, swimming and weight training. Click for Schedule
High Bo Exercise Class: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, $2 per person.
- Opening Date: 4th Saturday of May (Prior to Memorial Day)
- Closing Date: 2nd Monday of September
Summer Camp and Other Classes
- Indoor/outdoor games, storytelling, swimming, music, arts & crafts, sports, skits, and weekly field trips.
- Mid-South Arc. once every three months
- Blind – Every third Saturday 1:30-4 pm
- Holiday camp is for school age kids. ($10 per day)
- Sign language classes are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Summer Camp – June – July (7 weeks).
February – Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Party
March – St. Patrick’s Day Party
June – Summer Camp
July- Summer Camp and 4th of July Cookout
September – Labor Day Cookout
October – Fall Festival
November – Annual Thanksgiving Dinner
December – Christmas Dinner