Memphis Public Service Corps
The Memphis Public Service Corps (MPSC) offers part-time employment opportunities to serve the communitythrough various blight remediation efforts around Memphis. This includes clearing litter, brush, tires from parks, streets, alleys, rights of ways, structures, illegal dumps, etc. Corps members utilize a hand-held device such as a tablet or smartphone to create and close service requests and tag pile requests.
In addition, Corps Members receive coaching and mentoring guidance on High School diploma, GED, trade, or degree programs while gaining meaningful work experience.
- 18 or older
- Pass background check
- 1-year participation (1-year extension eligible)
- Actively seeking a High School diploma, GED, degree, or trade certificate
MPSC targets opportunity youth and those with certain criminal backgrounds. A case by case review of convictions within seven years of application involving:
- sex crimes
- drug crimes
- personal misuse of mood-altering substances impacting job functions
- crimes against persons (neglect, abuse, assault, battery)
- misappropriation of property
Partner organizations include Southwest Tennessee Community College, Moore Tech, the Excel Center, and Tennessee College of Applied Technologies.