|Mayor Paul A. Young - Transition Team Recommendations

Connect with us on Nextdoor

Buildings + Zoning

To operate a brick-and mortar business, and once your business license and related permits are approved, you will want to visit the Develop 901 Citizen Portal for next steps if you are buying, renting, building or altering a building in Memphis.

901 Citizen Portal

Develop 901 Citizen Portal provides an online platform to apply for planning & zoning approvals, engineering permits, construction permits, sign permits, licenses, fire permits, and to schedule construction inspections

Zoning Map

Zoning atlas for Memphis and Shelby County.

Commercial Permits

Look up the current commercial permits and their locations.

Land Bank

See available properties in Shelby County and Memphis.

Property Lookup

Look up property information by address, owner, or parcel number.

Pending Applications

Board of Adjustment, Land Use Control Board and Landmarks Commission. 

Building Inspections

Schedule a construction inspection for electrical, mechanical, plumbing or signage.


A permit is needed for all permanent signs erected, painted, installed or otherwise made visible on private property. Lighted signs will also need a separate electrical permit.

Call 311 for a service request

Call 211 for community services


Stay Connected

Stay Connected

Connect with us on Nextdoor

Join our email list

Sign up to get news straight from the source!