There are opportunities for everyone at the City of Memphis. Our team of over 8,000 employees provides core services across Memphis and Shelby County, all united behind one common purpose: to improve the quality of life for Memphians, every day.
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Career Opportunities for
- Career Opportunities for
- Internships Learn about internship opportunities
- Join MPD Learn more about career opportunities with Memphis Police and the recruitment process
- AmeriCorps VISTA Join the fight against poverty by serving with AmeriCorps VISTA
- Opportunity MemphisGet connected with opportunities throughout Memphis
- Register for WOWSEncourage, empower and employ the women in Memphis to reach their highest potential
- Register for Manhood UniversityEncourage, empower and employ the men in Memphis to reach their highest potential
When you work for Memphis, you don’t just earn a paycheck; you get the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own. Whether they are saving lives, improving roadways, maintaining parks, or protecting residents, City employees inspire growth across our great city every day.
We believe that providing excellent services to Memphis’ residents starts with providing excellent services to Memphis’ employees, so we designed our culture to do just that. The variety of opportunities, programs, and perks listed below are some of the many reasons why it pays to work for Memphis:
The Learning Center provides learning and development solutions to help you grow professionally in your career. Whether you want to improve your performance in Leadership, Interpersonal Skills, Communications, or Customer Service you’ll find professional development courses here that fit your needs.
We strive to be a 21st century-model city and our benefits reflect that. Our employees enjoy great perks like access to fitness centers, tuition assistance, paid holidays, and many others!
We give back in many ways, not just by coming to work. Our employees partner with several organizations throughout the Mid-South and give back to their communities.
The City of Memphis values an inclusive culture where we recognize and celebrate the uniqueness of our employee population: including our diverse races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientation. Together, our differences are what make us not just a workforce but a community.
Our employees are passionate about the work they do because it directly affects the lives of their fellow Memphians. You too can make a difference in your community by gaining a career with the City of Memphis.