The Memphis Solid Waste department works hard to provide environmentally responsible collection and disposal of trash, yard waste, and recycling. Starting in 2015, we began to offer 96-gallon carts to our solid waste customers. So please join me in this recycling effort, whether at work, on the go, or with our new 96-gallon recycling carts. Click the link below to download the Acceptable Recycling Materials Guide.
Our Memphis Collection Calendar App also has a Waste Wizard you can use to learn more about what is accepted in your gray recycling cart. It is also available on our Solid Waste front page.
- Follow recycling guide for a list of recyclable materials. No sorting necessary.
- Break down boxes and rigid containers.
- Empty all bottles and cans – labels are OK and rinsing is optional.
- Remove and discard shrink wrap from other recyclable material
- Place items in your cart/bin that are not listed in your recycling guide. (Unacceptable items may be left in your cart/bin for your disposal).
- Remember – no yard waste, no hoses or cords, no Styrofoam, and no plastic bags or plastic film
- Scavenge items from carts as it is illegal.
- Put confidential mail or paper in your recycling bin.
Recycling Drop-off Locations
DOWNTOWN – Island Dr, Memphis, TN 38103 (NORTH ENTRANCE OF MUD ISLAND PARK)
SOUTHEAST – HICKORY HILL COMMUNITY CENTER (3910 RIDGEWAY)
EAST MEMPHIS – Smythe Farm Rd, Memphis, TN 38120 (APPROX. 300 YRDS. OFF GERMANTOWN PKWY S., JUST SOUTH OF THE AGRICENTER INTERNATIONAL’S SHOWPLACE ARENA